Saab NewsSaab ForumSaab ClassifiedsSaab SpecificationsAbout UsSaab links

Saabing.com

Saab Discussion Boards
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vacuum Hose Diagram
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:15 pm 
Saabing Pioneer

After the useless Saab dealer rebuilt my engine after oil sludge issue, they didn't put all my vacuum hoses back on. The dealer has since closed and another dealer will not help. Where can I find diagrams for a 2000 93 convertible?

Thanks,

Double R

Post subject: Re: Vacuum Hose Diagram
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:06 am 
Saab Warrior

I believe there is a very basic line drawing diagram of the vaccum under the hood of your car.

there are 4 vacuum hoses that connect to the throttle body. You will need to remove the plastic engine cover to access these hoses. There should be a diagram of the vacuum hoses on an emissions label in the engine compartment of the vehicle.

One hose goes from the throttle body to the turbo By-Pass Valve (BPV) located between the battery and the radiator.

One hose goes from the throttle body to the fuel pressure regulator located on the fuel injector rail.

One hose goes from the throttle body to a one-way valve (arrow on valve points toward throotle body) and then to the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) fitting on the engine valve cover.

One hose goes from the throttle body to the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor located on the strut tower brace. (On the 1997 and 1998 900SET I worked on, this hose was supplied by the factory as silicone rubber and did not need to be replaced.)

There are some additional vacuum hoses that go to the evaporative fuel/charcoal canister system, but since they are not routed across the engine they don't deteriorate as fast.