Saab NewsSaab ForumSaab ClassifiedsSaab SpecificationsAbout UsSaab links

Saabing.com

Saab Discussion Boards
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: cheap air max shoes Seattle brings democracy to ML
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:34 am 
Saab Junkie

SEATTLE (AP) : Inside a voting stall adorned with all the usual trappings of the election procedure, Bill and Joe Schlittenhart let their sounds be heard.
The actual Schlittenharts spent their period before a recent San antonio Sounders home game aiding decide the destiny of general manager Adrian Hanauer, whose future employment because man in charge has become in the hands of season-ticket holders as well as fan supporters.
"It makes more of a complete crew. We're all part of the crew," Chris Schlittenhart stated. "It's not a matter of people telling us that which you can do,cheap north face."
Contained in the bylaws the club instituted when the franchise started was a stipulation that each four years the efficiency of the general manager will be put to a vote of season priced holders and individuals the Sounders fan connections. All season-ticket holders, as well as those who pay $125 per year to be part of the lover alliance,burberry handbags, get to have a very say in the direction of the business, which means voting to keep Hanauer or even kick him beyond office.
For some franchise companies in other edges of the world, this is frequent practice. In United states, it's unheard of.
Ponder over it a bit of democracy in the sports world.
"I've gotten cell phone calls from other owners of other teams in some other sports who figure out I'm out of my thoughts,Burberry Clothes," Sounders majority operator Joe Roth said. "Which informs me it's probably a pretty good idea, actually."
There won't be any stump speeches pertaining to Hanauer to make or political ads. The product he has put on the field, along with incredible fan help not seen in a North American soccer market place since the early days of the NASL, can be seen as a strong enough argument for supplying Hanauer another four years working the organization.
Seattle once more smashed attendance documents this season, averaging 43,144 per game. The particular Sounders drew more than 66,000 for a property game against rival Portland and achieved the MLS 2009-2010 season for the fourth direct season. In a number of MLS regular conditions, the Sounders are 59-32-37 with a playoff trip each year, not to mention three U.Ersus. Open Cup game titles and a fourth appearance in the Open Cup ultimate this year.
Hanauer has been associated with all aspects of Seattle's achievement. Along with being the typical manager, he's a part owner of the franchise's. So no matter the result of the voting, he'll preserve a role in the business.
Yet come Dec. 7, when the voting answers are announced, Hanauer could the theory is that be out of work - even though that is highly unlikely. The coaches who perform under Hanauer, along with other people in the ownership team, also have a vote.
"I'm not necessarily telling you," Roth giggled when asked for his or her vote.
Hanauer, though, isn't worried about what the result will be. Perhaps for the reason that resume he's developed is so strong.
"This isn't a paid gig to me. It's full time. We still own 1 / 3 of the team. Now i'm comfortable I've done things i can do to make us successful," Hanauer stated. "If there is someone much better out there and the followers think there is an individual better, I'm extremely comfortable living with in which. So I'm peaceful with this whole process."
The idea of giving fans a say came from co-owner Drew Carey. Throughout his time in Spain,north face outlet online, Carey grew to become enamored of the organizational construction of FC Barcelona, whoever supporters have the ability each and every five years or so in order to vote for the president with the club.
Carey was adamant as he met with Roth to talk about becoming part of the Sounders title group that fan rights - which included the GM political election, allowing fans to call the team and select their seats * be part of the franchise's bylaws. Roth ended up being intrigued by the idea and eventually agreed along with Carey. They then turned to Hanauer to defend myself against the role together with his experience running the USL Sounders from 2001 before MLS Sounders made their own debut in 2009.
"It was a way to really incorporate the fans whenever possible in the team and provides them, if not title, as close to possession as possible. At least emotional ownership," Roth explained.
Copyright 2012 by STATS LLC and The Related Press. Any commercial use ordistribution without the convey written consent of STATS LLC and TheAssociated Press is strictly banned.

Profile E-mail