Saabing.com

Saab Discussion Boards
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: jordan retro shoes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:21 am 
Saab Warrior

holy cat pee on a laptop
So I think my cat peed on my laptop. I can't fathom why he chose a laptop more than his favored shoes. This morning I woke up to get my trusty ol' lappy sitting within a pool of strong-smelling liquid, as though the laptop itself had peed, and I can only guess that it was cat pee because I didn't see what happened.
Anyway, appropriate just before I found it in mentioned pool of strong-smelling liquid, I tried powering it on usually and absolutely nothing occurred. Effectively, nothing at all standard, anyway. I smelled burning plastic, there was hissing from inside the personal computer, and a bit of smoke started coming out of your fan vent. Once more, this was proper prior to I located the cat pee puddle.
My question is -- is my laptop absolutely lost re: the burning plastic and smoke, or can I leave it for any couple of days just before finding its insides cleaned? (And is that certainly honestly cat pee? For the reason that I am nevertheless in shock that my cat pissed on my laptop or computer.)
I am clinging on to some shreds of hope that it might possibly not be dead considering that this can be a newish laptop (less than two years) and I was hoping that it would carry me by means of the rest of uni. Boo. "BZZT" No smoke (except that coming from my ears when I seen the dark splotch on the carpet), but when I opened it up the circuit board inside was extremely undoubtedly scorched in 1 spot Jordan Retro 4, and it looked like there was a burst capacitor. Took it for the guitar shop to find out if they'd replace it, however they refused considering I'd opened it up to see the harm. Plus I am not sure harm from cat urine is covered by a common warranty.
(Lesson: make an effort to get anything replaced Just before attempting possibly warranty-voiding inspections or fixes)
As for smoke coming from a laptop, it really is fair to say that at least 1 of your elements is possibly dead, possibly countless, and there is no approach to know for positive what is busted without turning it on (if it is going to turn on). No less than open it up and see if you can salvage the difficult drive. Should you have a neighborhood non-major-chain laptop shop they may possibly be great adequate to pop it into a single of their computers to see if it can read (Computer system Components USA did it for me as soon as). If it does, fine, if not then there is most likely cat urine inside and nothing at all short of a complete pro recovery will get your data off it. Your laptop as an entire is in all probability a lost lead to, however.
Anyway, I want you much better luck than you just had. Perhaps there will probably be a miracle and it can function. Almost certainly you are going to need to have a brand new computer. C'est la vie!
Hey people,
Thanks for the replies -- to allow you to know, the warranty on the laptop expired about a year ago 2012 New Jordans, and also the extended warranty (like all extended warranties. what possessed me to get it?) doesn't cover stuff like water harm or accidents. Significant sigh. Effectively, what can you do.?
I followed your assistance to get a cleaning and removal in the hard drives. The hard drives look okay to my eyes, however it might be that there is harm I cannot see, so I am going to take them in to the local computer system people and see if they can't, like you stated, pop 1 or both of them into their box and try to give them a whirl.
Exciting fact: following a cleaning plus a test-drive plugging-in-and-attempt-at-booting, the laptop's QuickPlay buttons started flashing on and off for about a minute, and after that the mute button turned red and started flashing on and off too. Cool, huh? I'm fairly positive that's just a laptop death-rattle, but my dad thinks it signifies there is nevertheless one thing going on below the hood in the poor little thing. I do not exactly know what to believe, at this point.
Anyway jordan retro shoes, thanks once more for the funny/sad anecdote (my dad sympathises really acutely with all the loss of a new guitar pedal :C) plus the guidance to grab my tough drives and visit regional people with my. unusual problem!
Related articles:

?pos=-415

?f=16&t=186815

?tid=34019#pid35372

Profile E-mail