Saab NewsSaab ForumSaab ClassifiedsSaab SpecificationsAbout UsSaab links

Saabing.com

Saab Discussion Boards
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TaylorMade Golf: R11S Driver & R11 Driver
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:48 pm 
Saab Junkie

When I saw the first R11S commercials talking about how various PGA pros picked up yardage with their R11S vs. their R11 I was skeptical. r11 irons for sale I wondered how the best players in the world could see such gains. If they were properly fit, how could a new driver improve their numbers? After my testing the R11S I can see how this happened. Let me tell you now.

I had the R11 in the bag for much of 2011. It was a great driver and allowed me to test a whole plethora of shafts. The R11S has just some small changes to the head. The face is a little wider, the body is longer and the weights are closer to the edges. While many will just see it as another white headed driver, those subtle changes allow for a more adjustable driver and better fitting options for those willing to take the time. You can get better numbers with the r11s driver for sale.

On the course I found that the little changes from the R11 benefited my game. The R11S was more forgiving than the previous model. golf clubs for sale I was able to hit more off center shots and still found the middle of the fairway with virtually no distance loss.

The longer body front to back gave me more confidence on the tee. It's slightly larger footprint seemed to set up a little better behind the ball for my eye.

The wider weights also improved the feel. It seemed a little hotter off the face. I also think that this head stock is a little lower spin. I couldn't get the spin numbers as low with the r11 driver best price, but with the R11S I was able to get them down to a perfect rate, yet maintaining an ideal launch angle.

The R11S sound is still pure Taylormade. It has that metallic thwack with just a slightly higher pitch than the R11.

Profile E-mail