Saab NewsSaab ForumSaab ClassifiedsSaab SpecificationsAbout UsSaab links

Saabing.com

Saab Discussion Boards
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Callaway unveils adjustable razr hawk driver
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:15 pm 
Saab Junkie

The Callaway RAZR Hawk driver is made with Forged Composite, a super-lightweight material Callaway developed in conjunction with Lamborghini. To create it, millions of ultra-thin carbon fibers are heated and pressed between two halves of a metal tool. The fibers melt in the heat and pressure of the tool and ooze into the exact shape Callaway desires. The final product is very strong, and very light.

I'll admit I haven't hit many composite drivers (Cleveland Composite being an exception) but I do enjoy the feel with this material. There is a considerable difference in feel for off-center hits… but it remains a solid one. callaway razr fit driver My swing speed was solid around the 105-108MPH range and distance was also up there at the 290 yard range. The trajectory was slightly lower than expected for a 10.5 degree driver at around 10-11 degrees.

According to Alan Hocknell, Callaway senior vice president of research and development, the new RAZR Fit Xtreme, teased early this week through a unique campaign on Twitter, combines the looks and technologies of its FT Tour and RAZR Hawk drivers, callaway diablo edge irons with a new approach to the adjustable hosel and weights technology of last fall's RAZR Fit driver that focuses on separate head designs for each of the driver's five lofts.

The Callaway RAZR Hawk also had a surprise in store for me. Spin levels for solid hits we're pretty normal, if on the lower end around 3300 RPM, but off-center hits showed a significant decrease in spin, Cheap Golf Clubs which equated to more ground roll. This feature helps contribute to the consistency this club has to offer – most hits were within a 25-yard dispersion pattern, and off-center hits only lost about 10 yards in distance, despite maintaining a solid feel.

The workability of this driver was also great. I'll bet the Aldila RIP had something to do with this – it's a really solid shaft. I felt in control at address, and knew how the club would perform when trying to work the ball to the right or left. The club also performed well when jumped on – Callaway made a good choice partnering with Aldila on this club.

Profile E-mail