Saab NewsSaab ForumSaab ClassifiedsSaab SpecificationsAbout UsSaab links

Saabing.com

Saab Discussion Boards
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Luke Donald hits Mizuno's new JPX-800 irons
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:13 pm 
Saab Junkie

Mizuno may be better known for their better player bladed irons but that doesn't mean they don't make some great game-improvement sets. The Mizuno JPX 800 Irons has been introduced to replace Mizuno's long-running MX range and brings a host of new technologies from Japan.

Donald, who has been pivotal in helping Mizuno design the MP-62 irons and the new MP-63s, was given the JPX-800 clubs to hit during a recent testing day and the results were pretty dramatic with a 17-yard increase in his carry distance with a 6 iron!

These are the most forgiving irons Mizuno have ever produced, according to the manufacturer, but unlike many sets targeted at the high handicapper these aren't overly chunky or wide-soled. Mizuno JPX 800 Driver Honestly, from a looks perspective I'd say the PRO versions look very similar to many companies' better players clubs and the JPX-800's still look more "traditional" than most game improvement clubs on the market.

I love the feel of Mizuno irons- so much so that despite being custom fit by Nike I'm still tempted constantly to go back and play my set of Mizuno MP-57's. golf clubs au The only reason I don't is because I'm really not good enough for the MP-57's, but the feel of hitting them good is so amazing.

I think my overall opinion of these new JPX-800 irons from Mizuno is pretty clear. When you hit a couple shots pure and realize what "feel" really means and what you're missing with your current irons you're going to have some explaining to do with the old lady.

Profile E-mail